LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLL Call inside DLL Call

Hello,

I'm trying to make a call to a DLL that was generated with LabView, inside a DLL that itself is called from a LabView Application. I know it sounds deviously, to do that. But it is necessary, because we try to run a big application on a cRio platform, and get into trouble with memory resources. So we decided save resources by using a C++ DLL. Now it would be a very nice feature to use the analyse functionality from LabView inside that C++ DLL, by loading LabView VIs dynamically in form of generated DLLs.
This is necessary because we need a lot of Analyse VIs, that we cannot download completely.
It is no problem do run the DLLs that were generated by LabView from a console application. But when I call the same DLL inside my C++ DLL running in the LabView application it jumps to nirvana.
I see the same behaviour when I try to reload the LabView Dll again in LabView.
So my questions is: Does anyone know something about the mechanism, how LabView  calls to DLLs are organized. What happens wenn I call DLLs, that were generated with LabView, that itself was Called inside a LabView application.
In my oppinion there must be a problem with function calls to the LabView RT, from a DLL when the RT is allready startet in the same application.
Does anybody has experience with such an application?

Best regards to all
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,282 Views)
Hi!

Sorry, but i havn't experience in that kind of abstract application on RT but i've found some KBs which discuss amongst others your questions about calling a LV dll within LV

best regards,
ThSa

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,256 Views)