LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DL9000 series oscilloscope: N-single acquisition

Hey all,

I'm running a Yokogawa DL6104 oscilloscope through LabVIEW with a Yokogawa DL9000 driver (which supports model DL6104). I'm trying to acquire several waveforms using the N-single acquisition mode through a revised Edge Triggered Acquisition.vi example, wherein I created controls for the trigger's -mode and -counts on the YKDL9000 Config Edge Trigger sub VI.

Still, I'm getting no luck. I receive this error:

YKDL9000 Error Query;
instrument reports:
662,"Acquisition in process in N Single trigger mode. Press Run/Stop key or wait until the process is completed."
0,"No error"

Can anyone help guide me to what my mistake is, and perhaps direct me to resolving the problem?

Big Thanks!

- Ryan

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,040 Views)
From the message from the scope, you are trying to acquire a second waveform before the first acquisition is complete. Need images of the main and modified function.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,034 Views)

Is the scope triggering?

Do you wait long enough for the acquisition to complete?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,002 Views)

I'll send along screen shots of what I've got momentarily. In the meantime, yes, the oscilloscope is triggerring and completing all N acquisitions (I checked this by manually setting the oscilloscope to auto trigger, then ran the code to send an Nsingle acquisition order of 100 counts... the oscilloscope changed trigger mode, collected the 100 counts, but never sent an "I'm done" response to LabVIEW. So it seems LabVIEW timed out after 10 seconds). 

By the way, thank you both for your quick replies! And, again, I'll send my code in just a moment here.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,988 Views)

Okay, here are the screen shots: (1) the edge trigger example _ unaltered (2) my alterations and (3) my alterations illuminated with the error code I'm now getting.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,983 Views)

How long does it take for the scope to acquire the waveforms?  What time base are you using?  You might just need to increase the timeout.  Also try setting the trigger count to 1.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,965 Views)

Does it support SCPI commands?  Can you use *OPC? to turn it into a query so you wait for the scope to say it's done before sending the next command?

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,959 Views)