LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DDE app notes

I'm using some of the DDE modules to communicate with a hardware device. Bringing up Context Help for a particular DDE module it refers to "LabVIEW Application Note for more information about DDE". Where do I find this Application Note? I think I have searched everywhere but have not found it.

Thanks,

Bob

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,878 Views)
This?

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/4531/en/

I just entered dde into the search box at the top of the page.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,865 Views)

Thanks, I had found that. I guess I was looking for something called Application Note.

Bob

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,808 Views)

Actually I was looking for some more detailed functional descriptions of what the various DDE modules do. The Context help is really not much help.

Bob

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,799 Views)

Out of curiosity,  Why DDE and not newer tech like ActiveX (Long in the tooth itself) or .NET?

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,790 Views)

The device we're using only supports DDE. We do have another one which does have an Active-X interface. Both of these are legacy devices and we're trying to make the best of it.

I was actually involved in some of the early OPC development and interoperabilty testing. But there has been a lot of water under the bridge since then.

Bob

Message 6 of 8
(2,780 Views)

Push the supplier.  But that makes more sense.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,774 Views)

We're dealing with one or two pieces of equipment here. I don't think we would have much luck with the manufacturers. The lab was given some laptops, passed down from the higher ups, and we're trying to make some use of them.

Thanks,

Bob

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,753 Views)