From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DB tools open connec.vi Invoke node connection string broken

I'm running an old version of LabVIEW (LV7.1) on my PC (I have no choice - I have to maintain this one application in this specific legacy version, due to maintiaining consistency with another plant running the same app).  Anyway, we are running it on a Win 7 (64-bit) Office 2010 PC. I'm gettting errors related to database connectivity, so I just created a new VI, just to take a look at the db connectivity by itself.  When I create a brand new VI, and just drop the DB Tools Open Connection.vi function into it, I get an error "SubVI 'DB Tools Open Connec (String).vi': subVII is not executable". After digging down, I get a "No properties" error on the Property Node.  If I click on the connection string, I get "No Properties".  Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,179 Views)

I am trying to remember but i think in newer versions of Windows (especially 64bit), the ADODB library was modified, which broke all of the database VI's in older versions of LabVIEW.   I would recommend going back to an older version of Windows if you must continue using LV7.1

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,175 Views)