LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAqmx multiple physical channels for Data Loggers

Hello all,

I am curious if I can create muliple phiscal channels in the same VI and then write to a excel file. I had tired using the DAQassist and it seems to mess up my scaling factor each time so I don't want to continue down that route. Attached is what I have planned, any help would be greatly appreceated!

The purpose for this VI is to take a voltage signal from an NI USB-6008 data logger. The voltage that the data loggers are reading is anywhere from 0-5V. From the data loggers I have created a physical channel of each "signal". I'm not sure if I have to apply different loops or stopage measures or if I can even wire the data correctly. 

Thanks, 

Will

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,607 Views)

What do you mean by "messes up my scaling factor"?  The proper way to do this is to put multiple channels in the same task.  If you are going the DAQ Assistant route, then all of the channels should be defined in a single DAQ Assistant call (there is a button in there to add channels).

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,606 Views)

For some reason when scaling from Volts to PSI in the DAQ assist the number that it output would not be remotely close to the number that it should have been. I set up each physical channel via the + symbol and set a scale for each voltage (dependent on the transducer that channel is reading). 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,583 Views)