LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAbort 0x89B93EF0

I have an application that throws the attached error during runtime.

The application has Intensity Graphs, and multiple XY graphs.

When data starts comming into the graphs ocasionally the application crashes giving me the following information.

LV used is 2014 f2 64Bit, application is executed directly from LabVIEW.

1. I did clear the compiled object cache. Din't help.

2. Launched the main Root VI and did a CTRL+SHIFT+Run arrow to recompile the VI's.

3. Saved all vis.

Made sure I have the latest video adapter drivers. No effect. Issue happens on a Win 2012 server as well as on my Win 8.1 laptop.

Any suggestions on what to do as next steps to fix would be highly appreciated.

Thank You,

Maciej

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(4,917 Views)

Mac,

Usually a good next step is to start diagram disabling parts of your application.  Do a binary search of sorts to try and figure out what part of your code is causing the crash.

That is usually the best thing to try but if you don't have a large application you can try to copy the block diagrams of your VIs and paste them into a new VI.  The dump files are pretty meaningless unless you are in NI R&D and the lvlog looked pretty generic so it might be best to just call into support.  

I can try to do an internal search on the report you sent in but chances are it won't tell us much.

Edit: Send me a pm or reply to this post so I get an email and remember to do this tomorrow

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
Message 2 of 14
(4,894 Views)

Thanks Matt,

I've done all kinds of stuff tonight including trying to run on different graphics cards, with latest drivers.

I have ran the application in 32 bit LV and that seems to have done the trick ...

I'll have to do more testing but this might be a workaround that could work for a few days I'll PM you with contact information , definetly I need a resolution on this problem.

Regards,

Maciej

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(4,880 Views)

I noticed that my LV 32 bit was actually f1. When I've upgraded it to f2 I'm able to get the same issue again.

Still doing more testing on this.... will keep this thread updated.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(4,827 Views)

Mac,

We're working on our end to bring this issue to our developers.  We should be able to talk with them personally on Tuesday and from speaking to another AE this seems like somthing that they might be aware of.  While we are waiting to hear a response, have you looked into the following KB on the LabVIEW Image Table Filling?

http://ae.natinst.com/public.nsf/web/searchinternal/0D34B52E841EEB2F862578DA00627ED2

This specific KB talks about it causing build failures, but from talking to my colleague it seems that this can also happen when running your application from LabVIEW.  The behaviour my colleague was describing does sound very similar  to what you are seeing so it might be something to try.

The main thing to try would be putting lazyLoadIcons=True in your LabVIEW.ini file.  I am not really sure how related to our problem this is but it should be something easy to try out while we are waiting on a response.

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(4,823 Views)

Hi Matt,

THanks for the response. The I can't access the link you've provided, is this resource availible over the internet or is it a resource that is on the NI intranet?

Maciej

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(4,817 Views)

I can confirm that setting the flag in the LabVIEW.ini flag had no effect.

On a separate note.

Attaching one more screenshot of a crash I got. Refers to the same DAbort error but got a different dialog box when LV was climbing down.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(4,800 Views)

Update: I've confirmed that the issue happens on 2014 f2 and does not happen on f1 or f0. 

I've ran my tests on the same computer and continously upgraded from f0 to f2 and the crashes occur only on f2.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(4,771 Views)

Thanks for the info Maciej! Here is the link to the KB referenced above.

Zach P.

Staff Software Engineer | LabVIEW R&D | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(4,583 Views)

Hello Zach,

Thanks for posting.

Unfortuantely I don't think the link you've posted is relevant to this issue.

The issue happens ONLY in 2014 f2.

The workaround we're limping on right now is to use 2014 f1  .... but there is till no resolution.

I have a ticket with NI Apps engineering ... still open on this one.

Maciej

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(4,571 Views)