LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQmx tasks won't compile.

@djs_at_eaton wrote:

RavensFan and Jeff

This is an aerospace facility.  We have a different definition of  "disturbing" a program.  A change to underlying drivers (NI-Max) can be considered a problem in this environment.  Even if I don't change the LabVIEW code I may need to revise documentation and possibly do a MSA.  The reluctance to change anything is part of the reason we're still using LabVIEW 7.1.  We don't run 24/7, so I can test code in the existing environment provided I cooperate with production.

Re-installing or upgrading NI-Max so it can operate with both the existing and new code is possible, but I will at least have to revise documentation.

Just to be clear, you're both in agreement that reinstalling or upgrading NI-Max will fix this.  I also have to check the right boxes when I do that.

My points still apply whether you are talking about disturbing production like I am where you need to stop production to make a change or install software,  or disturbing production like you are where making a change or installing software causes you to need to requalify your software.  It doesn't matter whether you need to upgrade drivers or not, the fact you are changing the code is enough to trigger a requalification process.  The need to install the correct DAQmx drivers in order to get your code changes to just work is irrelevant.

No, I'm not agree that you need to reinstall or upgrade NI-Max.  I agree that you need to install the correct version of DAQmx drivers on the non-working PC's.  The installation of the matching version of MAX will happen as a part of that process.

Message 12 of 12
(554 Views)