LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQmx property node and ctrl Z

Hi all,

I'm using LV 7.1.1 on WinXP and facing some surprising behaviour when I use the CTRL + Z command on a VI that contains DAQmx property nodes.
The CRTL Z command can only undo the last action (and no the number set in LabVIEW options) and the CTRL +  SHIFT + Z does not work at all.

This issue seems not to occur in LV 8, I only saw it in LV 7.1.1. Can anybody confirm please ?

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

Message 1 of 5
(2,459 Views)

Hi TiTou,

I can reproduce this behaviour on my PC. But I´m quit happy that it is not the other way around. Smiley Happy

It seems that this is a known behaviour in older LabVIEW-Version. This also occurs with other Property Nodes, not especially DAQmx-Nodes.

Best Regards

Alex

NI Switzerland

Message 2 of 5
(2,444 Views)
Ok, thanks Alex for the confirming 😉

Now the point is to know if there is a way to make that behaviour disapear, because it is quite anoying Smiley Mad !

At the moment, the only solution I found is just not to make mistakes when developping with property nodes... I admit I can't do that for more than 30 minutes...
Please don't tell me the only solution is to switch to LV 8, I can't do that at the moment since I have some projects going on... Smiley Indifferent

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,434 Views)

Hi TiTou,

first of all, I don´t know a fix to dissable this behaviour. But the Point is, you can undo everything until you change the Property Node Attribute. After you change the attributes you can go back with undo, but only to the last attribute change you made.

I´m sorry for this behaviour, but as you can see it´s fixed in LV 8.

Alex

NI Switzerland 

Message 4 of 5
(2,431 Views)
This is what I was fearing... Smiley Sad

Thanks anyway for your interest on that point

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,426 Views)