LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQmx error -200010 - onboard device memory overflow

In the application I am developing I see this error occur from time to time. Here is the hardware I am using:

NI PXI 1011 chassis with the following:

1x PXI 8331 MXI card

1x PXI 6052E Multifunction IO card (Acting as the chassis communicator)

7x SCXI 1102s each with a 1303 thermocouple connection block attached.

In my application I am simply running a DAQmx task with the following timing options:

Acquisition Mode: 1 sample (HW timed), Rate 10Hz

As you can see I am sampling quite slowly (though I do have over 160 channels). This error does not recur reliably. In fact the application can run for weeks on end without having this happen.

The error description in labview help seems to be saying that the memory buffer internal to the 6052E card or the chassis itself has overflowed. I am guessing that something is happening on the PC which makes it temporarily unable to get the data the PXI chassis has waiting and causes this error. 

I am wondering if there is a way to tell the chassis to clear the affected memory buffer when this occurs, perhaps by stopping then restarting the DAQmx task? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,651 Views)

I believe you can just clear that one specific error as seen here if you're not worried about it.  If clearing the error doesn't work, you can clear and restart the task in the same manner.

I haven't tested either of these methods yet but will try to tomorrow morning.

Alex Person
NI-RIO Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,611 Views)