From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQmx driver causes lag when I open up a vi

Hello,

I recently installed LabVIEW 2013 on a windows 7 machine. Using it to analyse previously written code for 2 weeks worked fine, then recently whenever opening the vi (it is a larger one) I get severe lage when it initially compiles the code when opening it. I have isolated the problem to the DAQmx driver, as that is where the lag is occuring. I unistalled everythning then reinstalled the basic 2013 labVIEW environment. without the DAQmx driver I had no issues, but once I installed the drivers, the lag returned. The lag in opening causes a program that used to open in a matter of seconds to open in 40+ minutes. You can see why this would be a problem. any suggestions??

-mark

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,423 Views)

The only time I saw anything like that was an issue with a Toolkit installed as a LabVIEW add-on.  The latest version of that TK "Resolved" that issue.

What Tool kits do you have installed  hit the About LabVIEW button too (or go to MAX>>Software) and tell us exactly what LabVIEW Build you have.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,416 Views)

Under the software tab

LabVIEW 2013

LabVIEW Run-Time 2011 SP1 f2

LabVIEW RUn-TIme 2012 SP1 f3

LabVIEW Run-Time 2013

LabWindows/CVI RUn-Time 2010 SP1

Measurement & Automation Explorer 5.5

Measurement Studio for VS2010

NI PXI Platorm Services 3.2.3

NI System Configuration 5.5

NI-PAL 2.9.1

NI-USI 2.0.1

is it possible that there are older instances of LabVIEW software causing some issues?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,410 Views)

*note this list is after I unistalled the DAQmx drivers

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,409 Views)

Capture.PNG

if you are Laoding it with the development enviornment

Capture.PNG

If you are loading a deployed application

You did not mention Toolkits