LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQmx driver causes lag when I open up a vi

Hello,

I recently installed LabVIEW 2013 on a windows 7 machine. Using it to analyse previously written code for 2 weeks worked fine, then recently whenever opening the vi (it is a larger one) I get severe lage when it initially compiles the code when opening it. I have isolated the problem to the DAQmx driver, as that is where the lag is occuring. I unistalled everythning then reinstalled the basic 2013 labVIEW environment. without the DAQmx driver I had no issues, but once I installed the drivers, the lag returned. The lag in opening causes a program that used to open in a matter of seconds to open in 40+ minutes. You can see why this would be a problem. any suggestions??

-mark

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,440 Views)

The only time I saw anything like that was an issue with a Toolkit installed as a LabVIEW add-on.  The latest version of that TK "Resolved" that issue.

What Tool kits do you have installed  hit the About LabVIEW button too (or go to MAX>>Software) and tell us exactly what LabVIEW Build you have.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,433 Views)

Under the software tab

LabVIEW 2013

LabVIEW Run-Time 2011 SP1 f2

LabVIEW RUn-TIme 2012 SP1 f3

LabVIEW Run-Time 2013

LabWindows/CVI RUn-Time 2010 SP1

Measurement & Automation Explorer 5.5

Measurement Studio for VS2010

NI PXI Platorm Services 3.2.3

NI System Configuration 5.5

NI-PAL 2.9.1

NI-USI 2.0.1

is it possible that there are older instances of LabVIEW software causing some issues?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,427 Views)

*note this list is after I unistalled the DAQmx drivers

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,426 Views)

Capture.PNG

if you are Laoding it with the development enviornment

Capture.PNG

If you are loading a deployed application

You did not mention Toolkits