From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQmx channel browsing problem in exe

Hi guys, 

I created a project and added "Cont Acq&Graph Voltage-To File(Binary).vi" example in Labview 8.6. Then I tried to build an exe file using the default options. This is the result as you can see from the screenshot. I've tried this with several examples, result is always the same. If I run the source code,everything works fine. The problem is with .exe only.

Can anyone please tell me how to solve this problem? Is it another bug or I am too sleepy?I need to use this "DAQmx Create Virtual Channel" vi in my application. Any help is appreciated. 

Thanks in advance.

ilter

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,545 Views)

iltersuat wrote:

I am too sleepy?I need to use this "DAQmx Create Virtual Channel"

Yep- you are too sleepy!

create the chanels in your project and they should deploy with your app.  you can export the max settings too 

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,522 Views)

Dear Jeff,

I've read your reply and checked the block diagram again after having a long sleep. 🙂 As you said, the channels I create are deployed when I build the exe. But this is not what I need. I need the "browse dialog" to appear when I click the "browse...".

As I mentioned before, when I run the .vi file, it works fine, but it doesn't when I run the .exe file,instead it shows that error message as you can see from the previous attachment. I am attaching block diagram of NI's example for your reference. I think there is nothing wrong with the example. It is either some settings I am missing, or another bug as seen with CFP channel.

Thank you for your reply.

ilter

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,511 Views)

HI

I tried same thing on LabVIEW 8.5.1 and it is working fine.

Can you upload your project and VI in 8.5.1 so we can figure out the issue

Regards

Santosh

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,508 Views)

Hi Santosh,

Here is my project and the vi. I saved it for Labview 8.5. I hope it works. 

Thanks a lot for your effort. 

ilter

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,504 Views)