LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQmx Setup / Code Portability

Here's my situation.

I've got about 5 or 6 fairly standard 4-20mA sensors, but I've got varying DAQ hardware. Some of my DAQ hardware configurations are compact chassis modules with direct current inputs (4-20mA inputs) and some are simply voltage modules (differential) with external 500 ohm shunts. I'd like to be able to plug in either DAQ module, have it automatically configure itself and then be able start recieving data. These modules and concepts here are not fundamentally different. I could simply create a DAQmx task for either box and name it a standard name and start using it, but that's not terribly portable. And what if I want an someone in the field to set this up who doesn't understand DAQmx/MAX? DAQmx Tasks are not terribly portable because the naming of the devices can vary depending on how many and what order you plug them in. Is it too much to have an easy way to identify the available inputs, whether or not they're voltage or current inputs and then configure the DAQmx tasks appropriately without having a ton of code?

I seek to understand. Thanks for your time.

- Ken

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,142 Views)

Hi Ken,

I encourage you to file a product suggestion here.

David
Applications Engineer
National Instruments

Digital Multimeters
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,105 Views)