LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQMX error 200452

I am getting error 200452 on a channel that is not active.  The DAQMX task includes channels from three different devices, I specify only channels from one device as active and it is returning the 200452 error on a channel that was not selected.  Que tal?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,821 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,815 Views)

Application Engineer support helped me with the first problem.  Help #824809.  Thanks. 

My input for my channel names needed to be a string.  Second problem involved proper format of the output.  Essential issue was that the original "example" app was designed for ALL channels within a task and did not allow me to seperate the channels specific to a board for which the DAQMX property was valid.  The input not being formatted correctly was ignored and all channels of the task were being addressed by the property node.  Kind of hard to do shunt calibration on a thermocouple.  A second issue, the output format, was addressed quickly by adding an index.  Final solution attached.  E-mail me with comments if you wish.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,809 Views)
Hi,
My 200452 doesn't seem related to the original post, but it seems better to post here than start a new discussion.

I am using LabVIEW 7.0 with a PCI-6071E.  I want to output a single rising edge triggered by the first edge of a finite pulse train to a counter (top part of attached jpg).  I am trying to trigger using 'Start Digital Edge' and "TTLtrigger" is created as a digital output task in Measurement & Automation Explorer.  The error occurs at 'Start Digital Edge'.  If don't wire up the error line between 'Start Digital Edge' and 'Digital Bool' and turn off the error messaging, it actually seems to work okay but I get other problems when I try to add more features (a user-specified delay between pulse train first edge and single edge, where the timing is critical). 

As well, I tried a 1-pulse train instead of the write digital bool, but I only have 2 counters which I think are being used by the finite pulse train.  VI is attached. 

Hope someone can be of assistance.  Cheers, Will.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,771 Views)
Still haven't solved the 200452, but ignorance seems to be bliss so far.

To delay the write digital bool a specific duration after the first edge of the pulse train, I modified the 'Time Delay' VI.  I just added connectors for task in/out as a way to introduce the delay where I want it in the execution of the program.  Seems to be doing what I want and the delay time seems to be somewhat accurate (millisec accuracy desired though).

Comments/suggestions welcomed.  Cheers, Will.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,766 Views)
Hello William,

If you are using your PCI-6017E for the digital task, just as the error message says, this board does not support using a trigger for a digital task.  E Series boards cannot do hardware-timed or triggered digital input or output.  If you need to do triggered or hardware-timed digital I/O, you will need to use either an M Series board or a 6533/6534. 

I hope this clears things up a bit.

Best regards,
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,750 Views)