LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQ vs DAQmx Lines config in LabView 13

Hi Folks:

I'm a noob. I'm sure I'll feel like an idiot after someone answers this. .... So i'm trying to output a count to port0/line0:7 on my glorious new NI PCIe parallel io card. In my DAQmx create channel cartoon, I try to set the Lines using palette items found in ... I assume ... measurementIO -> NI_DAQmx

The two I/O constants are "Task Constant", and "Channel Constant". I'd have thought that "Channel Constant" would be the required type, but when I use that I get thrown an error saying that the Lines entry does not want a global definition. This after defining my port and card via the MAX config script that is embedded in the "Channel Const" config script. Being desperate I found out that the "Task Constant" won't work either, but funny thing the "Channel Constant" works as a input to the Task (input). Like I said, I'm a noob and I'm easily confused.

Getting even more frustrated I pulled up a digital IO example from the nice stock of examples, and I see a I/O constant that's not on any of my palett's. However I can still copy and paste it to my Vi. Properties calls it a "DAQ IO Controls Properties". I can't find it anywhere in my palette list.

I'm assuming that this control constant is coming in from DAQ, and is not listed in my palette because I'm supposed to be using DAQmx. This is so basic, I'm sure I'm missing something. I'm hoping someone can inform me as to what the DAQmx version of the "DAQ IO Controls Properties" is. For the life of me, I can't find it. Or, perhaps I'm supposed to use DAQ menu item's with DAQmx. If so, am I supposed to have a DAQ palette? I don't. Did I miss something on install?

I'm confused.

Thanks.

Andrew

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,405 Views)

What example are you referring to?  Where did it come from?

Built into the LabVIEW examples (Help->Find Examples), I think you should have a look at Digital - SW-Timed Output.vi.  It can be found in Hardware Input and Output->DAQmx->Digital Output when braowsing by task.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,403 Views)