LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQ represntation

Hi, PFA document. I have doubt here, why the DAQ is displaying like that instead of Analog Input, Analog output etc. Whether it will impact the exe?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,442 Views)

Woah...that's some weird corruption. Even if it works in the exe, I'd still find it annoying in the development environment and if this is corrupted, what's to say that something else isn't corrupted too...

Did you install LabVIEW/DAQmx in English?

If you copy+paste the node, does it fix it? If you drop down a new DAQmx node, does it fix it?

If neither of those work, you might want to try repairing / reinstalling DAQmx.

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,429 Views)

Hi Sam,

If we copy or move it, still the same. I downloaded english only. Don't know how it is coming like this.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,415 Views)
Yeah - I would suggest trying a 'repair' or 'reinstall' of DAQmx to see if that fixes the issue.

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,404 Views)

Sure Sam, Will try to do that

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,385 Views)

Hi Sam,

I did repair and reinstall. But same thing. What to do now?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,333 Views)

Hi pmg,

I sometimes see the very same when I open VIs from NI forum, made by users in Russia or other countries with "uncommon" languages…

It's a problem mixture of LabVIEW localization, Windows regional settings, cyrillic/arabic font usage, …

I think it will not disturb using DAQmx in your VIs/EXEcutables, it's just annoying to edit such VIs…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,317 Views)

Hi pmg,

I got curious about this issue and went through older forum posts about similar issues. You can also see them here:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/DAQmx-VI-text-garbled/td-p/2764086

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Why-does-my-LabVIEW-occasionally-display-in-Chinese/td-p/1175603/hig...

http://forums.ni.com/t5/PXI/Changing-the-language-settings-in-DAQmx/m-p/802488#M6019

The way I see it, there are two possibilities:

1)Software corruption

2)Wrong language settings for DAQmx

About software corruption, I can see that you already reinstalled DAQmx. Another thing that you can try as of now is to run NI Update Service and see if there are any bug fixes or updates that can be done.

About language settings, DAQmx by default takes system language as its language. You can see if there is any issue in the system language settings as well.

If there is anything else that I can think of, I will let you know. In the mean time, please let me know of your software versions of your LabVIEW, DAQmx driver and also your OS. Also, if you don't mind, upload a VI where you can replicate this behaviour at your end.

Regards,

Amal

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,293 Views)

Thanks Amal,

I got a bit of solution like replacing below files from the working system

1. .....\National Instruments\NI-DAQ

2. .....\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2013\vi.lib\DAQmx

But here it won't change fully, but u can get to know what it is. Have attached the image for reference. Still trying to resolve full.

In the image you can see DAQmx create channel is in diffrent language in pallete but name display in above the pallete is in english.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,254 Views)