From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQ reading zero intermittently

Solved!
Go to solution

I am using 3 analog inputs of a DAQ USB-6009 to monitor and record temperatures of my system.  This VI runs continuously performing 1 read per second and periodically saving values to file.  Everything works great for a couple weeks, or even a few months, until the DAQ reads suddenly have a value of zero.  unpluging the DAQ and plugging it back in solves the problem.  As such, I am assuming it is due to a power cycle of the DAQ or perhaps the USB communication being refreshed that I receive the correct values again.  Any ideas on how to test for the cause of this issue or some preventative steps I can take?

I was thinking closing and re-establishing communication at the end of each day might help.

Oh, and I'm using LabVIEW 2010 on Windows 7.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,875 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author pjr1121

Turn off the "power saving feature" of Windows 7 where it randomly turns off your USB hub.  Go into the Device Manager and go to the USB hubs and then into the power settings.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,868 Views)

Thanks,

Since I had the Windows power management options turned off I hadn't considered separate power settings for the USB.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,860 Views)