From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQ problem on Version 8.5 doesn't work, it freezes up!!

Can anyone help me please?

I need to get daq assistant and a signal generator from the block diagram for a new VI, but found everytime I put it in place and try building the VI the whole labview development suit freeze up and I had to shutdown labview by task manager.

I can bring the daq assistant and the signal generator icons from the measurement I/O from the function palate. But, when the setup window launches it just freeze up and halts, can't do anything more. Did anyone else had the same problem?

I have labview 8.5 and my operating system is Win 7 pro with XP virtual mode instaled. I have already done some works on this version 8.5, but DAQ not seems to work on it, installed it not too long ago. can anyone help please? Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,330 Views)

What version of DAQmx do you have installed?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,326 Views)

Ni-DAQmx version 8.5 it came with the Labview V8.5.   If you can help that will be great.  thanks

Vis 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,317 Views)

I also have Ni-DAQmx version 8.3, but, I thought 8.5 would be the right thing to install.

Vis

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,316 Views)

I just noticed you said you are using a virtual pc. I don't believe this is supported.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,311 Views)
  • But, I have Labview 8.5 functions without a problem?!

Vis

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,309 Views)

LabVIEW 8.5 supports up to DAQmx version 9.3. I would definitely reccomend installing this version if you can.

There's a great little KB here I can reccomend:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/DC7EBB1316F3406A86257894007BD75C?OpenDocument

Nick
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,286 Views)