From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQ output on/off

hi

i am new to labview. i have made a simple warning program; which when exceeds a limit gives a warning. now i have to connect a hardware i.e an audible warning circuit. now the requirement is that when the limit exceeds, then only the audible warning should come (the circuit should be powered). but what happened was the warning was continuously on. i want to control the output of my daq i.e when the condition is true it must output dc voltage and when the condition is false it must not give any output. (i hope it is not the case that daq continuously gives the outputSmiley Sad). im attatching the image which does not include daq, but i hv marked where i had placed it. 

hope to get a solution to it.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,329 Views)
You have to set the DAQ output to something. There is no 'off' state.

Your code makes no sense. The Boolean stays true unless you change the limit or control value.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,305 Views)

thanx for your reply Smiley Happy

well i did set the value of daq out form 0-5 v. and the bolean is true once the max limit is reached. there is a control which varies the value. i dont know if i am able to elaborate it........ i am attaching the file if u could help me further.

regards

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,293 Views)

i am generating an analog signal i.e voltage. n i also placed a control to the daq's data. the control had values from 0-5 v. even by varying the control i was getting 5 v Smiley Sad.  what i thought was that daq would only output the voltage when the case structure was true. but instead i was getting the output even when it was false.

i dont know where im doing it wrong.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,289 Views)

How come your VI doesn't show any DAQ functions in it?  Not seeing your actual code makes it that much harder to figure out what you are talking about versus what you are doing.

You do know that a DAQ card outputs a value that you tell it, and will keep outputing that value until you tell it to output something else, don't you?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,259 Views)