LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQ for Multiple devices : Complicated channel selection

What I am trying to do is Create a DAQ for multiple devices. 

I have an array of physical channels and an array of boolean linked together via a synchronized scroller. Now when the user turns on the boolean it should store the respective channel. AND further when the user changes the device number, all the physical channels reset to say device 2 channels and I need to store all the physical channel values from device 1 and device 2. How can I achieve the above operation?

Thank you,

Labview Learner
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(3,287 Views)

With and event structure you can monitor any change in the device number, and update all the channel to read from the new device using property node. I can write the VI for you but don't have access to your specific control. Is that an array of clusters? If I know that or have something to start with I can write it.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(3,255 Views)

Hey hsadeghi,

They are two different arrays. Array of physical channel and array of bolleans.  They are not in a cluster. I made a customized control in which I painted all the frames of arrays transparent. That is why they look to be in a cluster. For now the only relation between these two arrays is that they are linked via a synchronized scroller. Other than that there is no relation. The selection of a bollean does not trigger the selection of the channel for now.

Labview Learner
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(3,246 Views)

Here is my idea of what to do. When a value in the array changes it triggers an event, looks for the element with updated value and uses that value to write to all other elements. Test it, I don't have any I/O device, so all I/Os are empty.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(3,240 Views)

Hey hsadeghi 

Thanks for the vi, I will try it and let you know. I only got o2 devices for now. but usually when I dont have devices, I simulate virtual DAQS uisng Labview MAX.

Labview Learner
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(3,236 Views)

Hey hsadeghi,

Can you downgrade the VI version to 2012. I am using Labview 2012

Labview Learner
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(3,234 Views)

very useful to know, thanks. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(3,233 Views)

I hope this works.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(3,223 Views)

Hey hsadeghi

Your Vi overwrites the previously stored channel and all thge bolleans are non operational and have no relation  to the channel seections. 

Labview Learner
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(3,215 Views)

Yeah, I wouldn't know what the purpose of the Booleans is. This was just an example of what you can do. Try other property nodes of the I/O menu drop-down, may be you find sth that selects a new value instead of overwritting it.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(3,209 Views)