LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQ devices don't show up in LabView Measurement IO

My DAQ devices are visible in NI-MAX 5.5.1 and operate correctly.  They also work in LabView Signal Express 2012.  However, when I installed LabView 2013 and tried to use them, they don't show up in the Measurement IO so I can't acquire any data.  I have a Windows 7 64-bit computer with NI-DAQmx 9.7.5 and NI-VISA 5.4 installed.

Why do the DAQ devices work in NI-MAX and LabView Signal Express but not in LabView?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,806 Views)
Did you reinstall DAQmx after you installed 2013? It is necessary to install drivers after LabVIEW.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,791 Views)

I did a repair but didn't actually re-install.  I'll download the latest NI-DAQmx 9.8 and install that to see what happens.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,782 Views)

Actually I downloaded and reinstalled NI-DAQmx 9.7.5 and LabView is working now.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,772 Views)

I got a problem in NYP that this computer can't get any DAQ assistant how to acquire signals or generate signals. Can help?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,644 Views)

Hi aloislowintown,

I think it would be best to post your question to a new thread, since this thread is more than a year old.  Also, please specify what NYP is.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,606 Views)

Nanyang Polytechnic

Can you help me to connect the temperature and humidity control?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,567 Views)

Hi aloislowintown,

You can find examples on how to acquire data from a DAQ device in Labview by going to the 'Help' tab, and choosing the Find Examples option, in there you should go to "Hardware Input and Output->DAQmx", there you'll find multiple examples on how to this.

Also as jMunny previously pointed out, it would be better to create a new thread since this one is pretty old, and the original issue is already resolved.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,549 Views)