From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQ devices don't show up in LabView Measurement IO

My DAQ devices are visible in NI-MAX 5.5.1 and operate correctly.  They also work in LabView Signal Express 2012.  However, when I installed LabView 2013 and tried to use them, they don't show up in the Measurement IO so I can't acquire any data.  I have a Windows 7 64-bit computer with NI-DAQmx 9.7.5 and NI-VISA 5.4 installed.

Why do the DAQ devices work in NI-MAX and LabView Signal Express but not in LabView?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,803 Views)
Did you reinstall DAQmx after you installed 2013? It is necessary to install drivers after LabVIEW.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,788 Views)

I did a repair but didn't actually re-install.  I'll download the latest NI-DAQmx 9.8 and install that to see what happens.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,779 Views)

Actually I downloaded and reinstalled NI-DAQmx 9.7.5 and LabView is working now.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,769 Views)

I got a problem in NYP that this computer can't get any DAQ assistant how to acquire signals or generate signals. Can help?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,641 Views)

Hi aloislowintown,

I think it would be best to post your question to a new thread, since this thread is more than a year old.  Also, please specify what NYP is.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,603 Views)

Nanyang Polytechnic

Can you help me to connect the temperature and humidity control?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,564 Views)

Hi aloislowintown,

You can find examples on how to acquire data from a DAQ device in Labview by going to the 'Help' tab, and choosing the Find Examples option, in there you should go to "Hardware Input and Output->DAQmx", there you'll find multiple examples on how to this.

Also as jMunny previously pointed out, it would be better to create a new thread since this one is pretty old, and the original issue is already resolved.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,546 Views)