From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQ device for linear encoder & labview 7.0

Ok, I am in a bit of a bind, so the quicker the response the better =).    I currently have Labview 7.0, and am needing to read the pulses of a MicroE hi-res encoder.  I know I am in need of a DAQ device, so I just want to know which one would be the best (cost-effective & easy to manipulate with Labview).   Also, I need three analog inputs as well.  Preferably the range of the analog inputs would be 0-10 volts (well, preferably 0-10mv, but that is unikely).  I am very unfamiliar with programming Labview, but will learn what I need ;).

Thank you VERY much!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,566 Views)
PLeeease! 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,552 Views)
NI sells a lot of DAQ boards that could do the trick. You can browse through the products at http://www.ni.com/dataacquisition/. The M-series boards are very nice. You could trying calling your local NI sales engineer to help you narrow down the options.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,549 Views)

Hello heepofajeep,

I would highly recommend you go with an M-Series Mulitfunciton DAQ Device for this application.  The two counter channels on these devices have expanded support for two phase relative linear and angular encoders, compared to older E Series devices.  In addition, these devices are capable of performing analog input, analog output, and digital I/O operations.  They contain a minimum of 16 analog input lines, with a programmable gain amplifier that will allow you to programmatically set the range anywhere as large as +/-10V to +/-0.1V in order to take full advantage of the resolution of the ADC on the device.  These devices can be programmed in LabVIEW 7.0 or later with the NI-DAQmx driver, and there is the DAQ Assistant and many great example programs for getting up and running with your application quickly.

I hope this information helps and let us know if you have any further questions.

Regards,
Travis G.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
www.ni.com/support

Message Edited by Travis G. on 08-18-2006 04:55 PM

Message 4 of 4
(2,534 Views)