LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQ channel configuration

I have a data collection application using LabView 5.1. I am trying to collect a differential voltage signal at high speed using a PCI-1200 I/O board connected to a CB-50 LP. I have the two leads connected to ACH0 & ACH1 respectively.

I am using the High Speed Data Logger "solution" which dumps the data into a Binary File. I created another VI to copy that data batchwise into Spreadsheet files. This works well, but:

Each time I power up the system and collect data, it seems like I have a different "scaling" factor (though I didn't think binary data was scaled at all). I can always analyze the resulting data (and it is very consistent UNTIL I come back the next day and try to compare one day with the next . . . )

The other part of t
his that puzzles me is that I have several "virtual channels" configured (for the same device) which all look identical when I look at the configuration screens in the Data Neighborhood. Each gives radically different data from the other. I can't figure out what is different and/or where to get more configuration options.

I would greatly appreciate any thoughts on:

1. Why I get significantly different data from one day to the next with the same differential signal.

2. Where I can see more configuration options for the virtual channels.

Thanks in advance,

Marc
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(2,241 Views)