From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQ assistant is not recording data when case structure is false

Solved!
Go to solution

yes. I'm 100% certain that it's taking longer than 15 minutes. Look at the image I've attached. Instead of 90 minutes the experiment took 110 minutes to complete. Does it convince you now? And, no did not try with 5 min interval...

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 30
(1,169 Views)

That's thermal response, not directly how long is the relay on.

If you heat up an oven then turn it off, the oven is going to stay hot longer.

Since you are the one with hardware, you'll need to debug/troubleshoot this yourself.  Like I said, put in a feature that will log the time that the output changes from true to false and false to true.

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 30
(1,160 Views)

Again, once the heater (relay) is off there is no reason why the temperarue will go up. I know very well that it takes certain amount of time to cool off any body due to the thermal mass of the system. But as I said, if the relay as well as the heater would turn off right at 15 minutes, you would see the sudden temperature reduction happening right at the black vertical line. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 30
(1,150 Views)

I have to ask again, where is this being measured from?  Outside measurement?  DAQ in this VI?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 30
(1,127 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

I have to ask again, where is this being measured from?  Outside measurement?  DAQ in this VI?

Yeap. The DAQ Assistant. It is recording the thermocouple data.

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 30
(1,118 Views)

So have you tried debugging the LabVIEW code to timestamp when the relays are on and when they are off?

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 30
(1,107 Views)

I'm not actually that good in LabVIEW. Smiley Sad Don't even know how to do that. Smiley Sad Sorry.

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 30
(1,105 Views)

Then sit next to the system and listen to the relays click and compare to the time on your watch.

To do it in LabVIEW, there is a function called boolean crossing point by point.  Feed the boolean signal into that, and that into a case structure.  It will trigger a true whenever the state of the boolean changes.  Inside the true case, have the current time get written to a file.

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 30
(1,092 Views)

Sitting next to the system would be easier. Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 30
(1,088 Views)

Even easier would be to add an analog line to the DAQ Assistant to sense the relay control signal.  This would require a little bit of electrical work (one wire could do it).

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 30 of 30
(1,070 Views)