LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQ assistant does not show up in LabVIEW

I am unable to find DAQ assistant in LabVIEW Functions>>Measurement I/O or Functions>>Express>>Input after installing DAQmx.

I originally tried installing NI-DAQmx version 16.1 after LabVIEW but received the above results. Since then I have uninstalled and reinstalled both LabVIEW and NI-DAQmx versions 16.0 in this order, yet still do not have the DAQ assistant available.

Any help is much appreciated.

John

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(6,126 Views)

What do you see under Measurement I/O? Is NI-DAQmx there (see my screesnhot below)? Also, you can check the installed soft list in MAX, it should show DAQmx there too.

By the way, if you want a happier life, forget about that evil DAQ Assistant, and use the proper DAQmx functions! 🙂 Better performance, more control over your task and you get rid of that "silly" dynamic data type...

daqmx.png

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(6,095 Views)

There is no NI-DAQmx under Measurement I/O.

I'm not to sure what the soft list in MAX is... If that is the list under My System>>Software, then NI-DAQmx Device Driver 16.0 and NI-DAQmx Configuration 16.0 are both there.

As for using proper DAQmx functions, I am still learning how to use LabVIEW but given the chance I would definetly use them.

John

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(6,087 Views)

@John2548 wrote:

As for using proper DAQmx functions, I am still learning how to use LabVIEW but given the chance I would definetly use them.

John

Great.  Do a web search for "Learn 10 functions of NI-DAQmx" (or click here) and you will find an excellent NI White Paper that shows you how to do 90% of what you need with DAQmx functions.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(6,083 Views)

If you don't see NI-DAQmx in the LabVIEW palettes, I would run the installer again and make sure that you have selected to install ADE support for the version of LabVIEW you are going to be using.

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(6,072 Views)

Thanks for the link Bob. Once I have DAQmx functions available I will start using them.

John

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(6,067 Views)

Matt,

I do not see anything labeled ADE support during installation. I have the choices for:

NI LabVIEW 2016

Database Connectivity Toolkit

Report Generation Toolkit for Microsoft Office

VI Package Manager 2016

Additional Features:

Remote Execution Support for NI TestStand

TDM Excel Add-In

Ni Measurement & Automation Explorer 16.0

NI Device Drivers

The only thing I haven't installed is the Remote Execution Support for NI TestStand as I am not working at a remote computer. Is there additional software I need for ADE support for LabVIEW?

John

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(6,064 Views)

It sounds like you ran the installer for LabVIEW again, I wasn't very clear in my first post but you would have to run the DAQmx installer again. Do a customer install and look for the following.

DAQ Install 1.png

When you expand Application Development Support, make sure you select to include the installation for the LabVIEW version you are using. That should add the DAQmx palettes to that LabVIEW version and add an NI-DAQmx ADE Support item under the software tab in MAX.

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(6,027 Views)

If you have LabVIEW installed (which it seems you do) all you need to install are the device drivers which are usually on a separate DVD or a separate download from where ever you got your copy of LabVIEW from.

After the device driver install you should see the DAQmx stuff.

Omar
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(6,024 Views)

How do you do a custom install?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(4,586 Views)