From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQ assistance missing

Solved!
Go to solution

The DAQ assistant missing from function of LabVIEW 2017. (I first install NI-DAQmx driver before install LabVIEW). What should i do to fix this problem ?

Thanks.

(I have LabVIEW 2017 and DAQmx version 17.0 as shown in attached files)

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(9,596 Views)

First suggestion - don't use DAQ Assistant? 😉

I guess you also don't have DAQmx functions though, so perhaps you can try reinstalling the DAQmx package?

GCentral
Message 2 of 9
(9,579 Views)

Hi cbutcher

haha i think i must use DAQ assistance like Chris do in this video on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujelTtObCm4&list=PLB968815D7BB78F9C&index=24

(i need to measure temperature via type E thermocouple by use NI DAQ USB-6003)

i try to avoid reinstallinig DAQ driver cause it take a lot of time (about 3 hours) is there have another solution ?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(9,569 Views)

Hopefully reinstallation of the DAQ component would be faster the second time (so long as you didn't delete the downloaded files). You should be able to find them somewhere like C:\National Instruments Downloads.

On your first point, you never HAVE to use DAQ Assistance. Internally, they use the DAQmx functions usually available under 'Measurement I/O > NI DAQmx' palette. These are more low-level functions that allow you to make measurements with NI DAQ devices (including the 6003).

An example VI is this Create Channel VI, set to an Analog Input > Thermocouple. This VI has many of the same inputs as are shown in the DAQ Assistant in the youtube video you linked.

However, you're unlikely to have the DAQmx functions if you don't have DAQ Assistant - I'm sure they're probably both installed together.

tcDAQmx.png

GCentral
Message 4 of 9
(9,559 Views)

The bad thing is downloaded files was deleted. Can i uninstall DAQmx driver and reinstall DAQmx Driver by using DVD driver that came with my products ? .

(i try to repair DAQmx Driver, but didn't work)

and after that they still no DAQ mx.No DAQ.png

Thanks.DAQ repairing.png

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(9,549 Views)

In the screenshot, it shows you repairing DAQmx 15.0 (not 17).

I'm not sure if the DAQmx package is on a DVD - sorry. You don't need to reinstall LabVIEW, but the setup panel might show you installing LabVIEW. If you don't uninstall it first, it will 'install' very quickly, effectively just skipping. That might work out for you quickly if it is on the DVD.

GCentral
Message 6 of 9
(9,545 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jes'ter

The best thing would be to reinstall DAQmx to be sure to have a clean installation but you can try this:

Find the DAQmx folder that contain the DAQmx llbs on your PC and copy it to your C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2017\vi.lib folder.

Ben64

Message 7 of 9
(9,534 Views)

Thank you for the solutions. I'll try all of the solution  in my workplace and will update on next Monday

if you have any idea that may use to solve this problem please leave your comment to tell me.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(9,514 Views)

Thank you ben 64 i  try to reinstall and ... this is the time that it take form me hahaha.

and after that i've got DAQmx function in my LabVIEW.

Thanks agian. DAQmxFunc.png
DAQmx 17.1.0 Downloading.png

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(9,484 Views)