LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQ Modules data average every six seconds

I have the attached labview model and wanted to know how I can get averaging dta across six seconds. The samling rate is 1000S/s while number of samples is 100. does this mean that the NI module will only take first 100 samples out of the 1000S/s and average that out for every second or what? do I use continuous or finite data in the Sample mode? I also need to know what the relation is between the Sample rate and number of samples. Also if I need to average data for every six seconds, what will be my set-values for both Sample rate and number of samples?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,361 Views)

Hi Austyno,

The samling rate is 1000S/s while number of samples is 100. does this mean that the NI module will only take first 100 samples out of the 1000S/s and average that out for every second or what?

This means: the DAQ hardware will read 1000 samples per second into a buffer. You are reading 100 samples from this buffer - the data of the first 0.1s! DAQmx will not do any averaging for you…

I also need to know what the relation is between the Sample rate and number of samples.

The relation is the time interval: #samples := time * samplerate…

Also if I need to average data for every six seconds, what will be my set-values for both Sample rate and number of samples?

You need to define the samplerate given your requirements and hardware specs! (Think of Shannon and Nyquist…).

Number of samples is then calculated by the formula above…

do I use continuous or finite data in the Sample mode?

That also depends on your requirements!

Do you need to measure just one time: use finite.

Do you need to measure more than once: use continuous…

See this link for inspiration!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,335 Views)

Thanks GerdW for the information. It did really help

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,308 Views)