From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQ-MX version of Traditional Ni-DAQ's "AO Control.vi" iteration parameter?

I'm trying to convert some existing LabVIEW code for synchronized AO, AI, and DO on PXI-6115/6120 cards from traditional NI-DAQ to DAQ-MX. In the existing code I have used the "iterations" parameter on the "AO Control.vi" in order to repeatedly output the same analog buffer a finite number of times.

How do I do the same thing with DAQ-MX? I don't see a corresponding "iterations" parameter.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,431 Views)

Hi Martin,

To generate a finite number of iterations of a buffer in DAQmx you set the "sampler per channel" property of the DAQmx Timing VI to your (number of iterations) X (number of samples per channel in the buffer). 

I'm excited that you are converting your code, the DAQmx driver is so much easier to use.  Here are some great references about converting from Traditional DAQ to DAQmx:

Good luck!

Message Edited by Micaela N on 11-03-2005 08:55 PM

Micaela N
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,405 Views)
Here's that first link again:
What are the Terminology Changes in NI-DAQmx?

Micaela N
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,397 Views)
Thanks for your help Micaela. That's simple enough.

Unfortunately my transition to DAQmx isn't going too smoothly so far. Specifically it seems to be exacerbating a problem I have seen in the past with traditional NI-DAQ where I loose some anlog input data while doing simultaneous analog out, analog in, and digital out, at high rates on a PXI-6115 board. With DAQmx I not only see the problem at even lower data rates than with traditional NI-DAQ, but as I bump up the rates some more (but still well within the specs of the board) I have the fun experience of entirely locking up the PC.

The reason I'm frustrated about this is that when I brought this problem to NI support's attention some months ago (in the traditional NI-DAQ version) they were able to reproduce the problem, but told me that the problem didn't occur with DAQmx, which had just then added support for the 6115. But now that I actually try it (having updated my DAQ software) I have the same, and worse, problems.

Anyway, I've sent my code (DAQmx version) to NI support and hope we can finally resolve this problem once and for all. We'll see.

Thanks again for you help.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,380 Views)