From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQ Assistant not launching (LV 2013)

Hi all,

I have LabVIEW 2013 installed, and in all the tutorials it says that the DAQ assistant should launch once it is dropped onto the Block Diagram. I have been doing so (Express > Input > DAQ Assistant on the Functions palette) but nothing launches when I put it on the diagram.

Why is this happening? Are there any solutions?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,520 Views)

The default setting in LabVIEW is to configure when dropped, but this box can be unchecked. Double-click to configure if it doesn't automatically show the popup.

To change the setting go to Tools > Options > Block Diagram tab > "Configure Express VIs Immediately"

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,515 Views)

Hi James,

I have tried double clicking it, and nothing is happening. Do you know why this is?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,506 Views)
Please provide the version of DAQmx that you installed.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,493 Views)

I installed DAQmx version 14.0

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,487 Views)
You could try a repair or install the latest - http://www.ni.com/download/ni-daqmx-14.5.1/5271/en/
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,482 Views)

Yup, sounds like a bad install 😕

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,476 Views)