LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQ Assistant is not installed - error message

I using LabVIEW 2009 SP1 for a while now but something odd happened on DAQ Assistant. I't was previously working but suddenly got an error saying "DAQ Assistant is not installed". I did re-installed the softwares including the drivers as well as repairing the drivers but no luck. What causes for the DAQ Assistant to stop working just like that? However, I guess the DAQmx is still functional.

One Step At A Time, Maybe Two...
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(3,764 Views)

I had a similar problem earlier this month - none of the DAQmx VIs were showing up even though I had DAQmx installed. It turned out I was missing Base 3.4 (Base contains all the DAQmx APIs). Here's the link to my thread. I would suggest checking to make sure Base is still installed.

Andrew

Andrew
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(3,756 Views)

@arcranda wrote:

I had a similar problem earlier this month - none of the DAQmx VIs were showing up even though I had DAQmx installed. It turned out I was missing Base 3.4 (Base contains all the DAQmx APIs). Here's the link to my thread. I would suggest checking to make sure Base is still installed.

Andrew

I had installed the base mentioned on your reply but the problem is still there.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(3,734 Views)

Hello KowdTek,

If the DAQ Assistant isn't working, I would suggest updating the drivers. If you reinstalled/repaired with the same distribution and you are experiencing the same problems, there could be a problem with the distribution. Here is the site for the latest DAQmx driver.

If you are experiencing the same error, I would see if you can access your card in Measurement and Automation Explorer and also see if you can access the lower level VIs in LabVIEW. These will be located in the Functions Palette under Measurement I/O » DAQmx - Data Acquistion.

Jim St
National Instruments
RF Product Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(3,710 Views)

@Jim_S wrote:

Hello KowdTek,

If the DAQ Assistant isn't working, I would suggest updating the drivers. If you reinstalled/repaired with the same distribution and you are experiencing the same problems, there could be a problem with the distribution. Here is the site for the latest DAQmx driver.

If you are experiencing the same error, I would see if you can access your card in Measurement and Automation Explorer and also see if you can access the lower level VIs in LabVIEW. These will be located in the Functions Palette under Measurement I/O » DAQmx - Data Acquistion.

Hi Jim,

I've just installed the latest DAQmx driver and the DAQ Assistant worked the first time I opened the LabVIEW. However, after closing and re-opening LabVIEW the same problem came up. I was able to access my daqcard via MAX as well as the lower level VIs.

This is frustrating because I've reinstalled (clean) LabVIEW several times and repairing the DAQmx and still get the same result. Is there anything else to try?

Thanks for the reply..

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(3,680 Views)

Hello KowdTek,

Could you post a screenshot of the Error? This will make it easier for me to search this error. Also just to make sure were you administrator when you installed this on your machine? What OS are you using on this machine?

At this point, let's try to do a repair on LabVIEW. I am thinking this could be a problem with LabVIEW since it worked once and then restarted LabVIEW caused the same problem. While you are doing this, I could look at the screenshot you post to see if anyone else experienced this error.

Jim St
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(3,636 Views)

@Jim_S wrote:

Hello KowdTek,

Could you post a screenshot of the Error? This will make it easier for me to search this error. Also just to make sure were you administrator when you installed this on your machine? What OS are you using on this machine?

At this point, let's try to do a repair on LabVIEW. I am thinking this could be a problem with LabVIEW since it worked once and then restarted LabVIEW caused the same problem. While you are doing this, I could look at the screenshot you post to see if anyone else experienced this error.

I'm logged in as admin and have full access to my pc. My OS is XP. By the way, I'm not sure if it's the LabVIEW itself because I used the same distribution in a different PC and it's working well all the time. I guess this issue is totally different than the rest of DAQ problem. I actually setting my self to just use the lower level VIs but I'm having problem in scaling via MAX which I think related to DAQ Assistant issue.

I really appreciate your help because I'm stuck for almost a week now...Smiley Sad

24602i73F7281F470AA546

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(3,624 Views)

Hello KowdTek,

After looking over this email, I would go ahead and uninstall DAQmx Base. Since you are going to be using this on a Windows XP machine only, I would like to remove any possible compilications between this and the regular DAQmx. This will make matters much simpler for narrowing down this issue.

After this, could you try to create a task in MAX? Since the DAQ assistant uses the same API as creating a task in MAX, I would like to see if this would work.

While you are working on this, I am going to look into this some more to see if any one has had this issue.

Jim St
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(3,600 Views)

@Jim_S wrote:

Hello KowdTek,

After looking over this email, I would go ahead and uninstall DAQmx Base. Since you are going to be using this on a Windows XP machine only, I would like to remove any possible compilications between this and the regular DAQmx. This will make matters much simpler for narrowing down this issue.

After this, could you try to create a task in MAX? Since the DAQ assistant uses the same API as creating a task in MAX, I would like to see if this would work.

While you are working on this, I am going to look into this some more to see if any one has had this issue.

Hi Jim!I've uninstalled DAQmx Base and tried creating task in MAX but same issue occured... Also, I rebooted the PC and did the same routine in MAX and still no luck.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(3,584 Views)

In addition to this issue, I'm getting the "initialize error" message below when DAQ Assistant is double clicked from the VI that is previously working. I hope this will narrow down this issue.

Thanks again..

Please note that I've repaired and updated DAQmx already but still the same result.

DAQ Assistant Initialize Error.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(3,490 Views)