LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cyclic Voltammetry using Labview and USB-6009

Hello!

Im currently trying to make a device capable of preforming Cyclic Voltammetry using a NI example program (http://www.ni.com/example/29559/en/) and the USB-6009. However in labview I repeatedly encountering error 200077, saying I am maxing out my AO. After many attempts at troubleshooting I believe the problem might be somewhere in the software, however I consider myself a labview novice and have turned to this forum for assistance.

I have attached screenshots of where I encounter the error. If there is any other information I can give that might be helpful I'll supply it right away.

Thanks!!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,193 Views)

The USB-6009 only supports software-timed AO. So you will get an error when you try to do hardware timing.

Lynn

Message 2 of 6
(4,176 Views)

Thank you that is something I did not know. If its not too much trouble though, what exactly do you mean hardware times? I was unaware that it may be set up that way.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,126 Views)

Hardware timed inputs or outputs from a DAQ device refer to the timing between successive samples being determined by a physical clock or timing signal in the electronic circuits. Many devices use quartz crystal controlled oscillators for their clocks. Typically the frequency or timing accuracy is 100 parts per million or better. Additional logic circuits (frequency dividers) built in to the devices allow the choice of many different sample rates to be derived from one quality oscillator. 

The hardware timed device generates or acquires samples from or to a buffer at the rate determined by the timing circuits, regardless of what the software is doing at that instant of time. The software reads/writes the buffer at times which may be somewhat irregular. The only constraint is that the reads/writes must occur often enough to prevent buffer overflow errors.

The USB-6009 has hardware timed analog inputs but only software timed analog outputs and digital I/O. That makes it unsuited for AO or DIO operations which must occur faster than some tens of hertz or which require precise spacing between samples.

Lynn

Message 4 of 6
(4,109 Views)

Awesome! Thank you very much, I had a suspicion it might have been some type of compatibility issue with the board and what I was asking it to do. I really appreciate your help.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,097 Views)

Hi, do you still have the example file you mentioned ? if you have can i have the file please? I really need an example file for this cyclic voltammetry. I've clicked on the example page but it's not there maybe the post has been deleted, I really hope and appreciate your help. thank you

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,135 Views)