LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customizing Tab control and Enum

I am trying to do two things here regarding customizing controls.

The first is to add a down-arrow decoration to an enum so that it looks kind of like a menu ring (click the down arrow to drop down the selections).  If I simply paste it on top of the control, the decoration will intercept the click and not drop the selections down.  I want to have the control colored, so putting it behind and making the ring text background transparent doesn't really work either.  If I make it part of the "Ring Text" background element, it's fine for that one size, but if I resize the control it gets all stretched out.

The second is to modify the "Page Labels Display" in a tab control.  The only selection allowed when attempting to customize the tab control is to "replace" the page labels display with a different control type.  Every enum or ring that I've tried has simply beeped at me with no replacement.  I would really like to get the aforementioned Ring-styled enum in this box as well.

One other quirk that I haven't noticed before (Maybe since I haven't done a lot of work with tabs in the past), but when I'm trying to get context help for anything inside of a tab, the only thing that shows up is the context help for the tab itself.  Is that "working as expected"?

Regards,

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,324 Views)

hi Mike, 

there is another discussion forum covering your first question, but it sounds like your best bet would be a ComboBox: 

combo box.png

This will give you the appearance you want, and behaves the same as an Enum.

In order to set up a similar drop down menu of the pages of a Tab Control, it will be a little more indirect. Take a look at the attached example, which populates a combo box with the pages of a Tab Control. 

That quirk you mentioned with the Context Help and Tab Controls is a known bug, and is fixed in LabVIEW 2011. Hope this helps!

~kgarrett

District Sales Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,280 Views)

Can you attach to Labview 2009

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,899 Views)

Hello this document can be useful if you want to use the same control in different VI or in other project as well.

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361H-01/lvconcepts/custom_cont_ind_type/

Randy @Rscd27@
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,867 Views)