LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customized Enum Controls Reuse

I have a very funny behaviour going on here.

I created few Enum (Strict type def) indicators to use in three loops. One of them is called Controller_Status.ctl saved in the project directory.

I am using Controller_Status.ctl to update the status of three processes. I am using three loops, one for each process. So I dragged to create three copies

of the Controller_Status.Ctl. So now I have Controller_Status 1.ctl, Controller_Status 2.ctl, Controller_Status3.ctl.

Result: At the moment, I only have process 1 running but all three indicators are changing status. I thought I could create my own controls, my own libraries and reuse them as many times as I want. I know I am doing something silly here.

I would like to choose as many Controller_Status.ctl as I wish similar to dragging say the boolean indicator from the control pallette on the front panel of a vi and use as many of them as we wish.

Is it possible.

Many thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,159 Views)
Can you post your code. Or at least some subset of it?

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,156 Views)

AustinCann,

To answer your question directly, yes, you should be able to do this just fine.  You do no have unrealistic expectations.

As Mike said, a look at some of your code (as simple as possible please) would be helpful to figure out what is going wrong.

Chris

Certified LabVIEW Developer

Chris
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Certified TestStand Architect
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,152 Views)