LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customize button labels for File Dialog

At start of a vi, I would like to have users navigate to a folder that will become the path for several data files collected by the vi. Sometimes the folder will already exist, sometimes it will have to be created. The File Dialog2 works for both cases but users find the button labels confusing. For example, the default button is called "Save", but nothing is being saved. We just want to select a folder, or create a new folder and then select that. File Dialog2 appears to allow only the 3rd button's name to be customized. Is there a way to eliminate or customize the other buttons, or customize the entire look of the dialog? 

Alternatively, Create Folder could be used, but users are concerned by the warning "This folder already exists. Do you want to replace it?" Even though clicking "Yes" does not overwrite the folder (which is good - it may already have data), this warning sounds like the folder will be overwritten.

Thanks, Peg

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,397 Views)

It has been a while since I needed something like this, but you might look at the Browse code posted here:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Browse-for-Folder-dialog/m-p/300909/highlight/true#M157121

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,371 Views)

Wart, That thread was very helpful and provided just what I need. Many thanks!

Peg

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,327 Views)