LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom the CWgraph3D Control

Hello,

Curretly I met another challenge about the CWgraph3D control. I want to show a background image on a fixed ranges/axes area of the CWgraph3D control in the XY view (or any of the other two projection, does not matter). What I mean is, I have my CWgraph3D control set for the XY (2D) view, and for example, the range of x and y are both 0 - 10 (fixed). I want to show a back ground image of the control so that when I plot things on the control, I will see what I plotted + the background image. I cannot find a way to do it, can anyone give me a hand? Thanks.
Message 1 of 5
(3,054 Views)

I don't like posting messages indicating you can't do that so here is a link to code I used to create a 3d version of my model railroad. If viewed from the top it looks like the jpg I used to create it in the first place.

I don't think that approach is useful for anyhting so I have to ask, could you please posta an image showing what you are trying to achieive and someone may be able to post a resonable suggetstion.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 2 of 5
(3,045 Views)

Hi,

Here is an example of what I am doing: Say,  I have a sphere object sitting in the origin of the 3D Control and I am looking at it from the XY view (see the attached pic01).  The X and Y axis is fixed (say, for example, both range from -10 to 10 crossing the sphere).  The black line is there as a refernce.  The task is to use a blade to cut the sphere along the reference black line.  Assume I have a way to detect the movement of the blade so that I can show it in the 3D Control, my problem is how to show the sphere and the black line (which is the pic01 image) so that I know if I am at the right angle to cut my object.   If it is complicated to custom the 3D control to show the image, is there a way that I can overlay an image on top of the 3D control and set its transparency to a level that I can see both the image and the plots in the 3D control?

BTW, the object to be cut is more complicated so that I want to just put the image in the 3D control.

Again, thanks all for your helps. 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,029 Views)
Why whould you use a 3D control for that? All the pictures show 2d graphics.
Have a look at the picture control. You can draw lines, circled and bitmaps
in it with all the flexibility you could ask for.

If you really want to do 3D stuff, look at the 3D picture control. It is way
more complex than the 2d picture control, but you can do a lot with it.

The problem with the CWgraph3D control is that it's an activeX component.
They are "as is", and functionality that isn't provided by their interface,
just is not possible. Only if it does exactly what you need, it saves
time...

Regards,

Wiebe.

Message 4 of 5
(3,015 Views)

Wiebe@CARYA wrote:
...just is not possible. ...

Regards,

Wiebe.

Thanks Wiebe!

I have collected a lot of links to threads that utilized the LV Picture control in this thread.

I suggest you review those links since image like ...

are trivial provided you are willing to dust off some trig relationships. Smiley Wink

Have fun!

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,009 Views)