LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Image Guage Needle

Hi Everybody..
Is it possible to customize the guage needle to a certain image..

I tried it but it does not rotate properly

hotdog needle.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(4,295 Views)
Hmm.... If it were me I think I would call that a bug... I know this used to work. What version of LV? Can you post a VI with this gauge on the front panel?

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(4,285 Views)

Heres the vi..
What Ive done is customize the guage right click the needle>>import form clipboard
I'm using LV 2014

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(4,274 Views)

popul, from what I understand, it's not gonna be a simple process.  Check out this thread that discusses something like what you are trying to achieve:  http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Is-possible-customize-the-Gauge-Indicator/td-p/1124763

And here is another thread where someone RC-Freak has shared some code with custom gauages that he made.  Definitely check out the vi's that RC-Freak shared:  http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/customizing-artificial-guages-of-cockpit/m-p/2599293#M780933

Message 4 of 10
(4,245 Views)

You have to have a vecter image (such as emf, or wmf) on the clipboard.  A raster image (such as bmp, jpg, png or tiff) won't work.

George Zou
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(4,231 Views)

Sir Zou,
I already converter the image to .wmf, then drag to the cuztomize control window>> ctrl+C >> then import from the clipboard..
It still gives me the same result. I converted the image using MS Powerpoint ..

Is there any file should i download in that link sir??

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(4,218 Views)

Actually, what you need for the needle is not just a vector image, but an image in an internal NI format called PICC, which specifices some additional details about the line, like start and end points. I don't think there's a way to force LV to import and use your own PICC lines, but I haven't really played with it. You can try searching to see if there are others who have, but I don't remember seeing anyone say that they managed to.

Still, i can't think of any situation where you would want the needle image to behave in this way. It sounds strange that NI would take the time to implement functionality that is essentially useless.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(4,178 Views)

@mikeporter wrote:
It sounds strange that NI would take the time to implement functionality that is essentially useless.

I don't think they did take the time. I'm assuming the code knows how to handle line PICCs correctly and when it gets an image that's not a line PICC, it simply moves its center around without doing the code that's unique to the line PICCs.

(4,163 Views)

NI must have a tool internally that they use for creating these files.  They should release the image editor to let the users create new controls.  It would help both NI and the users, since new, more modern (and professional looking) controls could be developed.

Message 10 of 10
(3,597 Views)