From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Curve fitting

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello everybody,

Does anyone have suggestions on how to preform a curve fitting using a  double exponent decay, i.e. y=yo+A1exp(-x/t1)+A2exp(-x/t2) ?

Currently I'm using the 7.5 LabView prog.

Thanks,

Y.

P.S I've added a DAT file with the raw data so you'll get a hunchSmiley Very Happy.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,253 Views)

There is no LabVIEW 7.5. Can you chek the correct version you actually have?

Prior to LabVIEW 8.0, the nonlinear fitting tools were not very good. Can you possibly upgrade?

Message 2 of 7
(3,237 Views)

Actually there was a version 7.5.  It was not released as such.  It was the basis for the LEGO NXT software.  Greg McC talked about it at NIWeek several years ago, I think.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,218 Views)

Yes, 7.5 shouldn't be "out there" at all. Let's just hope he actually has 8.5, for example. 😉

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,205 Views)

Dear knigt of the NI kingdom,

Let's say that I've upgraded.

Will the solution resolve from the non-linear sub Vi or there are better tools to handle the fitting job?

I depend on your answer since I do have to convince a prof. to buy the upgradeSmiley Wink

Thanks for the quick reply!

S.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,196 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Streinerr

I've done multi-exponential decays many times and it works well.

Of course you need reasonable starting values for the parameters and there is of some "ambiguity". For example if you swap A1 with A2 and T1 with T2, you'll get an equally good fit.

(If you are at a university, the upgrade will not bee too expensive. Also check if your campus has a campus license.)

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,186 Views)

Thanks for the tip.

Ciao.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,164 Views)