LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cursors don't match what is on the scope.

I am reading a waveform from an Agilent scope. I can measure the delta time on the scope with the cursor function.

When I look at the same waveform in Lab view the timing information is wrong.

See the screen captures. I suspect its a setting in the waveform menu, but I don't know which one.

See attachments.

How do I set up labview so the vertical and horizontal scales match what is on the scope and so that the cursors will give me a delta time?

Thanks for any help.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,632 Views)

I have the idea, that your cursors are not in the correct position.  YOu can right click on a cursor and select snap to single plot.  In  that case the cursor will allways point to a certain spot on that graph.

2nd, I think you are missing some points on your graphs.  If you look at the scope it is very smooth, will the graph in labVIEW has peaks.  

Kind regards,

Bjorn

Kind regards,

- Bjorn -

Have fun using LabVIEW... and if you like my answer, please pay me back in Kudo's 😉
LabVIEW 5.1 - LabVIEW 2012
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,622 Views)

Its not the position of the cursors that is causing my problem its the fact that the scales on the scope and the scale on the lab view are not giving the same values.

The waveform is a 1 KHz sinewave so measuring from 1 peak to the next should always give the same delta.

But the scale is different on the labview waveform.

How do I make the labview scale agree with the scope time/division setting?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,609 Views)

Manually : By selecting the properties of the graph and go to scale.

Automatically : since you're using a GPIB comm. protocol, you should be able to send a command to the scope to give the current scaling.  After you received that, you can put it into a property node of the graph.  See attachement

Kind regards,

Bjorn

Kind regards,

- Bjorn -

Have fun using LabVIEW... and if you like my answer, please pay me back in Kudo's 😉
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,597 Views)

Graph_Range.png

tried to add a snippet 😉

Kind regards,

- Bjorn -

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,595 Views)