LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cursor name position in Waveform Graph

I lost the cursor name in the waveform graph, after programmed the cursor positions.

I enabled 3 cursors, shown the cursor names, and programmed their positions in my VI. After running the VI, all cursor names are gone. I believe they are moved to somewhere out of the plot range due to LV malfunction. I cut and copy the graph to the VI attached, and enabled a new cursor, which looks good.

I need to get the lost cursor names back (manually is OK). I also want to know how to avoid this.

I am using LV 7.1 under Win XP Pro.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,676 Views)
Nish,

It would probably be easiest to delete the cursors and recreate them. If that doesn't work, a new waveform graph will. What are you doing to the cursors programmatically? I am thinking you are right on where the names have gone....but I am wondering how that happened.

-Brett
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,655 Views)
I have this problem from time to time. I have not find any solution to recover the cursor name. I have to create a new graph to get the cursor name back.

I am using labview 7.0 with win2000

HMP
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,644 Views)
This is unquestionably a LabVIEW bug, but the key is to figure out how to reliably make it happen.

Does anyone have an exact sequence of steps that can be used to reproduce this disappearing-cursor name behavior? If so, then please post it here so that it can be reported to R&D and tested in any upcoming LabVIEW release.

I know it might be difficult to pin down a sequence of steps that makes this happen, but that's the best way to let the NI developers isolate and fix the problem.

--John
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,637 Views)
If you guys can give me a sequence of steps to reproduce this I can:
a.) test it on LV 7.1.1
b.) report it to our R&D department for possible fix in subsequent release

I have not seen this before...but I may not use cursors as often as some other people out there.

cheers,

Brett
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,631 Views)
I have created a test vi that could generate this problem. I generated a waveform graph and label each peak with cursor name. Then I copied the waveform graph and paste to form another waveform graph 2 in which the cursor name is gone even the show cursor name is still enable. I have not been able to find the cursor names from the waveform graph 2.

I am using labview 7.0

HMP
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,626 Views)
That is awesome...thanks...I will look at this.

-Brett
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,613 Views)
I just wanted to say that I played with it for about a minute and that when you go into the properties page of the cursors and check\uncheck the "name visible" box, the cursor itself disappears! This doesn't happen with the "cursor visible" box. Hmm...

(3,607 Views)