cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cursor control on graphs

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

In my testbend at the and of experiment I want to add some graphical facilities on a graph.

For example, taking a snapshot below; Iwant to visualize the locations of points Xa and Xb on the bottom graph.

After reading some posts I undestood that best solution for such kind of things is using of cursors.

If this is the case, I need to add 2 cursor (in programming way, if possible) and then control them using some indexes.

Does exist some example that show how to do it.

Thanks.

P.S. It would be also nice to put "bulbs" on point locations.

cursor_processing(0).JPG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,201 Views)

You can not create cursors programmatically (may be you can while vi is not running with scripting functions), you can show/hide them.

Other than that, see example

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,178 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Pavel_47

>> It would be also nice to put "bulbs" on point locations.

IT is the question for NI. You can select cursor point style, but you can not change it's size. When you modify cursor size, it affects only cursor line thickness and you can get only big fat vertical cross, not any style piont like you do with graphs. At least, LV2011, may be they fixed that, 5 years seems enough.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,176 Views)

Ok, thanks

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,167 Views)

Take a look at some of the peak detector and limit examples and you'll see a good way to simulate "bulbs".  Basically you just display a copy of your plot on top of your main plot and set the points to a big, red dot (or the line to a thick red line).  Depending on the subset of your original plot that you choose to display from the copy it "highlights" the area of interest in your main plot.

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,149 Views)