cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cursor Position

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi!

Please Help me! I want move my cursor when I Press ENTER between different "String controls".

Thanks

Best Regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,591 Views)

Do you want to move Key Focus, or actually move the mouse? 

If you have controls on the front panel that you want to just Tab through, you can set the Tabbing Order from the Edit dropdown. This is ideal for tabbing through input fields.

If you want to move the mouse cursor, you will need to use Windows API to control the mouse location. Here is a resource from NI doing this.

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,582 Views)

Hi qz,

general note: usually you use a TAB to change key focus from one control to the next. You can set the "tabbing" order in your front panel…

Specific note: use an event structure to detect the ENTER keypress event and set the keyfocus as needed…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 3 of 6
(3,581 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author qz6y7q

Here is an example that changes the Key Focus when another string has a value change. I've also limited the number of lines in each control to 1 so that pressing enter will finish changing the value. I agree with the others, that tabbing is generally what you want to do to navigate controls.

Message 4 of 6
(3,572 Views)
Hi all, I need help with the waveform graph property nodes. I have to work with 5 cursors in the same graph that turns on at the same time. I created them using the properties of the waveform. What i did was filling the property of "Cursor X position" in the property node 5 times (one for each cursor). My problem is that the only t the first cursor take the information, so it only shows one of the cursors that moves repeatedly .
How can I select the cursor that I want to move when I have multiple cursors?
😢
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,432 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,426 Views)