LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Current Voltage measurements with Agilent B2912A

Hi

I am new to LabVIEW and have to do IV measurements with Agilent B2912A sourcemeter. I want to do sweep mode and want to save measured current values in a .lvm file. Is there someone who could help me writing a simple LabVIEW VI?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,245 Views)
Use Help>Find Instrument Drivers and search for the model. This will also include at least one example. This will be available with the rest of the examples in Help> Find Examples. You can get information on what a driver is and how to use it at http://www.ni.com/downloads/instrument-drivers/. Study the instrument manual.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,237 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,118 Views)

Please see the attachment.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,110 Views)

I'm going to copy/paste your pdf into the thread to make things easier to read:

I wanna control (sweep Voltage in a certain range and measure corresponding current)
Agilent B2912A SMU through this LabVIEW. Please find VI in attachment. Here I tried to
modify an example, provided by Agilent, to get IV measurements. Unfortunately there are
two little things which I can not find a way to do, i.e.,
1- I want to put a time control between each successive applied voltage value, in sweep
mode. At the moment, as I het run all voltage values (defined in the sweep range) run with
the speed of computer's serial/USB read clock (I guess, means it is very fast). I want to
put a delay (user defined) after each voltage is applied and current is measured. One
thing that bothers me is this "Fetch Measurements" sub-VI in CASE STRUCTURE fetches all
readings at once, couldn't find alternative sub-VI in the provided library/drivers from
Agilent.
2- How can I measure current, voltage and resistance with respected to time (not rendom
time but corrsponding to measuring time); like measured current versus time, Resistance
versus time.
Many thanks in advance.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Windows introduces some error into timing of while loops.  How precise of a time control are you looking for?  It sounds like you don't need timing to be TOO precise as you didn't start by worrying about timing.  If this is the case, you should be able to add the Wait (ms) into your loop to add whatever delay you'd like.

In terms of displaying several data sets, you likely want to look at using the XY-graph with multiple plots.  This has been discussed many times.  One of those discussions can be found here: http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/How-can-I-plot-multiple-curves-using-the-XY-graph/td-p/252597

Keep in mind that's an old thread so you're unlikely to get replies in that thread.

Working to understand that example and adding the Wait (ms) should help you find your solution.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,045 Views)