From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Report in labview.

Is there any standard library available for crystal report i.e passing data, display report or somebody has insterfaced it? I checked with old post but didnt found solution. 

I need to show all report to crystal instead of excel.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kudos are always welcome if you got solution to some extent.

I need my difficulties because they are necessary to enjoy my success.
--Ranjeet
Message 1 of 3
(3,308 Views)

Crystal Reports is a (very) proprietary and fairly complex Report Generator.  When LabVIEW provided the Report Generation Toolkit, they chose three very-widely-used (and with a pretty-well-documented API) formats, namely Word, Excel, and HTML.  I would guess that it would be vanishingly unlikely that NI would invest the time and energy to create a Report Generator for Crystal Reports.  Similarly, it seems unlikely (but you could ask them!) that Crystal Reports would create "hooks" into their software to allow LabVIEW to read and write data.

Can Crystal Reports deal with Word or Excel documents?  If so, you could use LabVIEW to write the intermediate documents, then get Crystal Reports to use them.

BS

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,269 Views)

It will not be vanishingly if there is provision for crystal report. Its always been standard and most commonly used for reports. If there is a provision then it will be an added advantages for NI(I already aware of three reports category).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kudos are always welcome if you got solution to some extent.

I need my difficulties because they are necessary to enjoy my success.
--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,248 Views)