From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cross Correlation Velocimetry

Thank you for the VI, I wouldn't have been able to do this !

I have done an experiment which is more realistic. A hot air flow pass through a 28 mm diameter pipe, with my thermocouples inside. There is a 15 mm gap between them, and the velocity measured with an anemometer is 0.7 m/s. So theoretically, the time delay must be 0.214 sec. But I can't find it. Here's the TDMS file of this experiment (duration : 60 sec at 100Hz)

Could you help me again please ? And thank you again !!!! 🙂

Bapt.

Message 11 of 14
(469 Views)

Here's your VI that I have worked one. I think I'm near, but I still haven't good results. Can someone hlep me please ?

BTW, the theoretical time is 0.0214 sec, and not 0.214 sec.

Bapt.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(440 Views)

Baptiste,

For an expected delay of 0.0214 s and a sampling period of 0.01 s you are going to have very poor resolution.  The second signal will be delayed about 2 samples.  Can you try a higher sampling rate, perhaps 500 Hz or 1 kHz?

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(426 Views)

I can't have a higher sampling rate, the NI 9214 module's max sampling rate is 100 S/s. So I know I will have a very poor resolution, but I don't even see the 2 samples shifting. And even with a data set where the theoretical transit time is about 0.09 sec, I still can't visualize it. Also, it seems that the samples are not shifted when I saw them on the graph, but maybe it because I didn't dind the good ones.

Here is my data set with the max time lag.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(415 Views)