From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cross Correlation Rxy problem

I am trying to cross correlate two signals, each with about 200 data points. both signals are correct and i can even see the lag between on the graphs. when i put the signals into the cross correlation vi my Rxy is in the thousands and the graph looks like a pointed triangle that goes up to the tens of thousands. is there some sort of normalization i have to do to the data? thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,794 Views)
Hello wally424,

It is quite normal for the cross correlation to be in the tens of thousands. Two methods of normalization are given in the following link:

Cross Correlation Normalization

You should be ending up with only about 400 data points on the x-axis. You mentioned yours is in the thousands; exactly how many are you getting?

If none of these suggestions help, or if I�m not correctly understanding your issue, please post the software and versions you are using, the applicable portions of your code, and any other information that may help, and I�ll be happy to look further into it.

Have a ni
ce day!

Robert M
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Robert Mortensen
Software Engineer
National Instruments
Message 2 of 3
(2,794 Views)
sorry, i figured it out a couple days ago. i found that a previous post that explained how to normalize it, since then its been working fine. thanks alot though.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,794 Views)