LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Critically Dampened 2nd order lag

Y(s) = W^2/(S+W)^2 X(s)    (Pardon my Greek)

I thought I had a fairly good demo of this filter.  no overshoot- no stastical deviation from a "Simulink" model implementation (OK I have a "Simpson's Rule" error between the Simulink model and the discreete implementation (No, I cannot show the code)

The question comes down to more: "How do I educate the Engineer?"  What I heard in the discussion was "What good is LabVIEW if I cannot drop a discrete transform block?"  

OK, I can configure a 2nd order filter easilly enough but, how do I prove the implementation of an n-Order filtet in LabVEW meets his critea for a 2nd order function out of matlab?  (Yup- that lvann*.dll sure does not document methods specific to filter order)

Setting up a discrete "Classic" fiter results in a non-critically dampend system-  That really is bad in this case!

So, I'm not as "Trustworthy" as the Mathworks or National Instruments in developing this incredably limited filter but, I cannot find a generic filter to replace the Simulink block.

-All Ears!

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,554 Views)

Hi Jeff - 

Would you mind clarifying your question? Are you looking for the .m version of the LabVIEW filter you created? Or are you looking for a LabVIEW block to replace your .m function? I'd like to help but I'm not quite sure what you are asking.

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Message 2 of 3
(2,451 Views)

@HollyBerry wrote:

Hi Jeff - 

Would you mind clarifying your question? Are you looking for the .m version of the LabVIEW filter you created? Or are you looking for a LabVIEW block to replace your .m function? I'd like to help but I'm not quite sure what you are asking.

Sorry, This fell a few screens in my history list.  Actually, The point has become moot once I requested the engineer change the solver settings to a 50 Hz update rate in simulink to better simulate the RT system on which it will deploy.  (Face-Palm!) It should have been done in hardware!  - Lesson Learned!

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,413 Views)