LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Critical Alarm -200587 DAQmx Start Task.vi:5<append> <B>Device: </B> PneumaticIO

Hi All, 

I'm getting this error on a application running on a machine,The machine is running 24/7 and this error is happening 3-4 time a day. Has anyone seen this this error? or possible causes? 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,764 Views)
What does the entire error message say? What does it say the possible reason for error -200587 might be?

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,756 Views)

29 Jun 2016 07:48:20
Critical Alarm
DAQmx Start Task.vi:5<append>
<B>Device: </B> PneumaticIO

<B>Task Name: </B>_unnamedTask<2FF44>

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,741 Views)

Hi,

have a look here:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/5664C009DA244727862571E900046775

It seems like the application might have some architecture issue. If I were you I would identify all places where DAQmx Start Task.vi is used and then analyze the conditions when it is run.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,737 Views)

Hi, is there anyway of knowing what is the unnamed task code means? I'm getting different codes.

See below,

DAQmx Start Task.vi:1<append>

<B>Task Name: </B>_unnamedTask<BC5D7>

AQmx Start Task.vi:5<append>

<B>Task Name: </B>_unnamedTask<C18F7>

DAQmx Start Task.vi:1<append>

<B>Task Name: </B>_unnamedTask<A3CF5>

Thanks

Martin

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,643 Views)

Hi Martin,

Are you starting multiple tasks? It sounds like the error code may be referencing 3 separate unnamed tasks, and the codes are there to differentiate between them. Would that make sense for your application, or do you suspect that they mean something else?

Kathryn K.
Technical Support Engineer
National Instruments
http://ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,624 Views)

When you configure a task, there's an option to tag it with a string name.  If the tasks were given names, DAQmx would be able to identify those tasks by names in the error text.  Without names, it uses some other method to report a unique "name" for each task, which ends up looking like a bunch of hex characters.  (Internally, DAQmx knows how to tell them apart whether you name them or not.)

I'll definitely second the advice from stockson.  This very much sounds like an architectural issue.  It may be a design issue where there's a static conflict between what the hardware supports and what the code is asking of it.  Or it may be an implementation issue where there's a run-time conflict in timing between multiple tasks that each need sole access to a hardware resource part of the time.  The hardware may support this when the "need times" don't overlap, but produce your error when the times *do* overlap.

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
Message 7 of 7
(3,619 Views)