cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating xy graph from index array

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I am trying to create a xy graph from two different path files. Each path file has a read from spreadsheet connected to an index array to grab a specific column from each file. I want to use the the column from each file as the x and y axis values. But I can't get the graph to show anything when it is connected to the array index. I tried to use the bundle function but it did not work. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(3,158 Views)

You need to post some code along with sample files. If possible please create some small files which demonstrate the problem.

Your description sounds like you are headed in the right direction, but there are many places where a small error or misunderstanding could prevent it from working.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15
(3,146 Views)
You bundle the x array and the y array and wire it to the graph. It sounds like you might be passing a single point at a time. Attach the VI or a block diagram image if you still can't get it to work. First, turn on context help and move your mouse over the graph indicator on the block diagram.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(3,145 Views)

This is the block diagram

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(3,125 Views)
That makes no sense. Why would you wire the index values to the graph? It seems you just made something up. If your text files contain numeric data, then use the appropriate Read From Spreadsheet File. Don't convert to strings if you are using a graph. The output of the index arrays will then be a 1D numeric array. Just use s normal graph instead of the express one.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(3,117 Views)

Im pretty inexperienced with Labview. I did that becuase I was told that it would allow me to choose which column of the spreadsheet will be used for the graph axis. So I will start fresh with a read from spreadsheet file. Could you tell me what i need in order to grab a certain column from the two files to use as the axis values?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(3,111 Views)
The index array is correct. It is the output you want, though - not the value you use to select the column.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(3,105 Views)

Oh ok thanks, so how should I connect the output of the array to the graph?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(3,099 Views)
If you use the normal graph, bundle the x and y arrays as you mentioned in your first post.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(3,093 Views)

I used the bundle, but it keeps coming up with a broken wire. Is there a way to fix this?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(3,071 Views)