cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating subVI from Labview example

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I'm trying to use a Labview example VI as a subVI in my projects. (examples/Vision/Image Processing/Image Treshold.vi)

I wired the path control and two image displays to terminals in the upper right of VI.

Then I created my main VI with one path control & two image displays, and add this  example VI in my block diagram.

The path control is working correctly but I can't see the images loaded in my main VI.

What am I missing there?

Thanks in advance.

screenshot.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,446 Views)

How did you modify the Example? The example has a loop so it will keep running until you press the stop button on the example and will only return a result to the caller then.

If you want to see the thresholding while it's running, you'll need to open the front panel of the SubVI - either from the VI properties, programmatically or by double clicking on it on the block diagram while it's running.

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,442 Views)

Do not just edit an example.  Make a copy of it for your project.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,433 Views)

I changed only the path constant with a path control, and wired terminals. You can see in attachment.

My aim is: I will put this VI in a case/event structure. When user press the button this VI will run in a different window (configured it as dialog), and user will make treshold and when stop button pressed, the original and treshold images will come into the displays in main VI. Then I need to use those images for further processing.

All working but images do not displayed in main VI.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,415 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author sevincom

Problem solved.

Just forgot to remove IMAQ Dispose VIs Smiley Tongue

Thank you for your interest and sorry for taking your time.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,387 Views)